Whether you want to play games or improve your typing skills, the worst gaming keyboard can spoil both of them.
With so many options and switches available on the market, it is easy to get confused while buying a new gaming keyboard.
So, before purchasing, check out our list of the bad keyboards that you need to avoid to do well in your favorite games.
Table of Contents
- Worst Gaming Keyboards
- 1. Razer Deathstalker
- 2. Corsair K68 Mechanical keyboard
- 3. Anne Pro 2 Gaming Keyboard
- 4. Razer Ornata Chroma
- 5. Reccazr Keyboard
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: What keyboard does Shroud use?
- Question: What keyboard does Clix use?
- Question: What keyboard does Bugha use?
Worst Gaming Keyboards
Razer Deathstalker, Corsair K68, Anne Pro 2, Razer Ornata Chroma, and Reccazr are the worst gaming keyboards on the market. If you want your gaming experience to be memorable and fun, you should skip these companies.
You might be surprised to see the name of some popular keyboard brands on our list. But, their inclusion is based on the quality and poor performance while gaming.
The following are the gaming keyboards to stay away from.
1. Razer Deathstalker
The DeathStalker Chroma is a mechanical keyboard, which is designed to suit your gaming needs. It has 2mm chiclet keys with programmable RGB lighting. It also has a dedicated gaming mode with on-the-fly macro recording.
Despite having numerous features, it has failed to satisfy its users.
Reasons to avoid
- Keyboard’s plastic material is of cheap quality
- There is flex in the keyboard when pressed in from the center
- It doesn’t quite match the functionality of a gamepad
- Its chiclet-style keys are too flat and lack grip when gaming
- Macro recording key is a headache
- Palm rest is of inferior quality and will make your palm sweaty and uncomfortable
2. Corsair K68 Mechanical keyboard
The Corsair K68 is a well-constructed keyboard and has RGB lighting. The best thing about this keyboard is versatility, which makes it best for gaming and regular typing.
If you have this keyboard around, no need to be afraid of spills.
Before you count on this model, check the following drawbacks.
Reasons to avoid
- It has a little bit more plastic construction
- Keys’ plastic is cheap, and you will have to double-press a few of them
- The keys are too loose and pop off quickly
- Keycaps are susceptible to stain, and cleaning up the grease would be difficult
- There are no USB pass-through, headset, or microphone ports.
You may like to know
Advantages and disadvantages of video games
3. Anne Pro 2 Gaming Keyboard
The Anne Pro 2 is a well-known keyboard with an attractive build. It has various RGB lighting customization options and a feature to program any key to a macro.
Furthermore, it is a 60% keyboard and allows more space for mouse movement.
Check out the following drawback before you plan to buy this one.
Reasons to avoid
- It doesn’t have Cherry MX switches
- Bluetooth connectivity is a long process
- Customizing each key takes a long time
- RGB is dim and inconsistent
- Wireless connectivity is unreliable
- Pricey. Better alternatives available in this range
4. Razer Ornata Chroma
The Razer Ornata Chroma is also known as Razer Mecha-Membrane. Its switches are unique and intrigue many of its users.
Also, it is well constructed with full RGB lighting features, which you can customize through the software.
Reasons to avoid
- Keys are highly vulnerable to spills
- Its hybrid keys add nothing
- It is made of inferior quality plastic material
- Wrist rest is uncomfortable and falls off easily
- Keyboards with similar prices are better
5. Reccazr Keyboard
Reccazr gaming keyboards are new in the market and quickly gaining popularity because they are incredibly affordable and have all of the features that a gamer would like.
However, this fascinating keyboard has its downside that you need to know before purchasing.
Reasons to Avoid
- The manual guide of the keyboard is poorly written
- Sometimes it doesn’t register a key, and you have to press it multiple times
- These are made in China in mass production with inferior quality materials
- Too loud clacking sound when pressed repeatedly
- Bluetooth connectivity is too slow
- Dull lighting
- Not reliable
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What keyboard does Shroud use?
Answer: Logitech G Pro X.
Shroud currently uses the Logitech G Pro X keyboard while gaming.
Question: What keyboard does Clix use?
Answer: Clix X Matrix 60%.
Clix currently uses his brand named keyboard Clix X Matrix 60% for gaming and streaming.
Question: What keyboard does Bugha use?
Answer: Logitech G Pro Mechanical.
For gaming and streaming, Bugha currently uses the Logitech G Pro Mechanical.
Although you can play games with a membrane keyboard, a mechanical gaming keyboard offers you a great playing experience. But there are many low-end gaming keyboards available in today’s market that may degrade your gameplay.
If you are a high-end gamer or trying to improve your gaming skills, you must stay away from all of the low-end worst gaming keyboards that we have already mentioned.
When buying a new keyboard, it is better to go to the nearby electronic store and try out different gaming keyboards. Since there is no perfect gaming keyboard that meets everyone’s playing style, choose the one that fits yours.