We all love binge-watching our favorite TV shows and Web Series on our Smart TV.
But when your smart TV does not connect to WiFi, the frustration is of that level that you want to punch your screen hard!
If you are a Vizio TV user and feel the same, we have a solution for your problem!
Today, we will walk you through some proven troubleshooting tips for Vizio TVs that do not connect to WiFi.
Common reasons for Vizio TV not connecting to WiFi include a temporary bug, router malfunction, cables loosely connected, or the WiFi adapter not working properly.
Make sure to read on to find out how you can solve such problems without any professional assistance.
Table of Contents
- Vizio TV Not Connecting to WiFi? Follow These Troubleshooting Steps
- 1. Power Cycle the TV
- 2. Test the Internet Connection
- 3. Restart Your Internet Router
- 4. Adjust the DHCP Settings
- 5. Try Using a Wired Ethernet Connection
- 6. Are There Too Many Devices Connected to the Router?
- 7. Check if the Cables Are Connected Properly
- 8. Factory Reset Your Vizio Smart TV
- 9. Contact Vizio’s Customer Support
- Steven Settles
Vizio TV Not Connecting to WiFi? Follow These Troubleshooting Steps
Below are some troubleshooting procedures recommended by experts. You can easily follow them to get your issue solved.
- Power cycle the TV
- Test the internet connection
- Restart your internet router
- Adjust the DHPC settings
- Try using a wired ethernet connection.
- Are there too many devices connected to the router?
- Check if the cables are connected properly.
- Factory reset your Vizio Smart TV.
- Contact Vizio’s customer support.
Related: TV Brands to Avoid
1. Power Cycle the TV
This is the first thing you need to try. Usually, some generic bugs or temporary glitches prevent certain features from functioning properly.
The device gets turned off by power cycling until the power is all drained.
To do so, you must follow these steps:
- Turn off the Vizio TV and unplug the main power cord from the socket.
- Next, you must disconnect your modem and router.
- After waiting for about 5-10 minutes, plug the cord back into the socket.
- Do the same with your modem and router.
- Now, try connecting the TV to the WiFi and check whether it connects or not.
Power cycling can also fix the issue of Vizio TV not turning on.
2. Test the Internet Connection
There is a possibility that there is an issue with your WiFi network. For that, you need to test your Internet connection.
Try connecting the WiFi to some other device and use it for a while. If the internet connects and works properly, then there is something wrong with your Vizio TV settings.
You must work on the WiFi network if the WiFi does not work with other devices.
You can also test your internet speed by searching fast.com on your web browser.
3. Restart Your Internet Router
Another thing you can do is try restarting your Internet Router. This might do the trick if there is some minor issue with the router.
The simplest way to do it is to unplug its power cord from the wall socket and plug it back in after a minute. Wait for it to start, and then try connecting it with your Vizio TV.
4. Adjust the DHCP Settings
The DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) protocol allocates IP addresses to network devices. Each device in the network needs to have a unique IP address.
If more than one device shares the same IP address, then this causes connectivity issues.
Such an issue can be resolved by enabling DHCP. To do this, follow the steps listed below.
- Grab your Vizio remote and press the “Menu” button.
- In the Menu list, select “Network.”
- Then click on “Manual Setup.”
- There you will see “DHCP.”
- Check if the feature is enabled or not. If it is not, enable it; if it already is, turn it off and re-enable it.
- Save the settings and exit.
- Try re-connecting your device to the WiFi connection to check whether the error still occurs or the issue is resolved.
Sometimes, your remote also doesn’t work; check our detailed blog on how to fix the Vizio TV remote.
5. Try Using a Wired Ethernet Connection
There is a possibility that your WiFi wireless adapter might be broken.
If your Vizio TV has an ethernet connector on the backside, you may test this by connecting the router or modem directly to it using an ethernet cable.
If it works perfectly fine, it is the faulty adapter that needs to be replaced.
6. Are There Too Many Devices Connected to the Router?
In most cases, routers have a limit set for the devices that can connect to the network. This might be the case for you.
You can simply disconnect other devices connected to the same network if too many devices are connected. After this, you may check if the WiFi connects to the device.
7. Check if the Cables Are Connected Properly
Loosely connected or physically damaged cables can also prevent the TV from connecting to the WiFi.
You should inspect the cables coming from the internet router and see if there is any physical fault in the cable. Also, make sure it is connected properly and fixed into the ports.
8. Factory Reset Your Vizio Smart TV
If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned above and the Vizio TV fails to connect to the WiFi, you must now consider resetting the TV.
Performing a factory reset would put the device back to its original state with default settings and remove all the saved channels and settings you have done.
To prevent losing all of this, you must back up all the channel information and settings before performing a factory reset.
Also, it is recommended to note all the network and account information, as everything gets permanently deleted.
Here is the procedure to follow to perform the factory reset.
On your Vizio remote, tap on the “Menu” button.
Click on the “System.”
There, you will see “Reset and Admin.”
You may now select Clear Memory (Factory Default) or Reset TV to Factory Defaults from the menu; for confirmation, select Yes.
Once the reset is completed, the Vizio TV will turn off itself and return to its default screen setup.
It will ask you to enter the required account information. Carefully enter the information and then check if it connects to the WiFi now.
9. Contact Vizio’s Customer Support
If you still cannot figure out the issue and resolve it, then getting assistance from Vizio’s Customer Support is your next move.
With every Vizio TV, the brand ensures lifetime technical support to its users. If you live in the U.S., you can directly call them at this number: 1-888-849-4623۔
You can visit Vizio’s website. You can get further information and assistance from the brand on the customer support page.
Check if you have the warranty left for the device. If yes, then you might get your TV replaced if the issue is not resolved.
WiFi connectivity issues are very popular among all smart TVs. If the issue is not very serious and is not caused by a hardware fault, you can solve it on your own.
However, if there is a hardware fault, you must contact a professional, or a third-party technician will do the job.
I hope this troubleshooting article helped you solve the WiFi connectivity issues with your Vizio TV.
There are many ways to solve such temporary issues. You must have also learned about what causes such issues.
Was the article helpful? Let us know in the comments how you got your issue solved.
We would love to hear your troubleshooting stories! Stay hooked for more such troubleshooting content!
Check out the following blogs if you have the same problem with different TV brands.
- Hisense TV Not Connecting to WIFI? – 5 Issues with Solution
- Samsung TV Not Connecting To WiFi [Problem Solved]
- LG TV WIFI Connectivity Problem
Steven Settles is an ISCET-certified master in appliance repair. He has aced the National Appliance Service Technician Certification Exam, showcasing his exceptional diagnostic and repair skills. With an in-depth understanding of the latest repair technologies and a keen eye on evolving industry standards, Steven is a go-to expert for any appliance issue.