It’s frustrating when you get home and find out your Hisense TV remote is no longer working.
Thousands of people use a Hisense TV to watch their favorite programs. Unfortunately, sometimes, the remote control stops working for no apparent reason.
The Hisense TV remote stops working for many reasons, one of which is that the batteries inside the remote control might have weakened over time. In this case, you might need to replace the batteries with new ones, and that’s not a big deal.
However, if your remote control is not working even after you replace the batteries, there might be another problem.
Table of Contents
- Hisense TV Remote Not Working
- Test the Batteries in your Hisense TV Remote if it isn’t Working
- 1. Check the batteries:
- 2. Clean the batteries contacts:
- 3. Test the remote:
- 4. Replace the batteries:
- 5. Reset the remote:
- Some Other common reasons of Hisense Roku TV Remote Not Working
- 1. Check the dirt on IR codes:
- 2. Check Network:
- 3. Check for HDMI Conflicts:
- 4. Change the Channel:
- 5. Use the Official Roku Application
- 6. Clear the Cache On Your Roku Remote:
- 7. Contact Customer Support:
- Quick Recap:
- How to Install the Latest Hisense Smart TV Remote App on Your Smartphone
Hisense TV Remote Not Working
So, in this article, I’m going to explain the causes of the Hisense TV remote not working and give you some tips on how to fix it.
Hopefully, this will save you a lot of frustration.
Test the Batteries in your Hisense TV Remote if it isn’t Working
(You may skip this part if you have already checked the batteries)
1. Check the batteries:
The first step to do when your Hisense TV remote is not working is to check and ensure that all the batteries inside the remote control are good.
To do this, simply remove the back cover of the remote and check them one by one. If any of the batteries are weak, it will show when you test the remote. You can also try using a multimeter to test the battery voltage.
2. Clean the batteries contacts:
Another thing you should do is clean the contacts where the battery connects to the remote.
This is especially important if the remote has been in a bag or somewhere else where it was exposed to dust and dirt. Use an old toothbrush or Q-tip to brush the contacts gently.
Also, use an old piece of cloth to wipe off any excess dirt or dust. Don’t use a new one as it could get dirty itself.
3. Test the remote:
Once you have finished cleaning the contacts, test the remote to make sure it works by pressing the OK button.
The red LED lights should now be steady and not flashing. If they are still flashing, there’s still a chance the problem is the batteries.
However, if the remote works properly after you clean the contacts, there’s another possibility which is most likely the problem.
4. Replace the batteries:
If the problem still exists even after testing the remote with another TV, the next thing you should do is replace the batteries.
Try replacing them with new ones. However, before you do that, see if the batteries are all of the equal strength.
If they are not, try replacing the weaker batteries. Also, make sure none of the batteries are exposed to moisture. This includes the AAA batteries that power the remote and any other batteries inside the remote.
5. Reset the remote:
If your Hisense TV remote still doesn’t work, another thing you can try is resetting the remote.
What’s more, this will erase all your programming, so you’ll have to set it up again. To do this:
- Press and hold the Menu button for a minimum of 10 seconds until the screen turns blank.
- Then release the button, and the remote should be in its default factory settings.
- Now, try using the remote and see if the problem is still there.
- If it is, repeat the above instructions to set up the remote again.
You may like to know:
Some Other common reasons of Hisense Roku TV Remote Not Working
If your Roku remote is not working after replacing the batteries and trying all the other tips mentioned in this article, you may have another problem.
1. Check the dirt on IR codes:
Are there any dirt on the infrared (IR) codes on the remote? If there is, you will need to clean them off before you can use the remote again.
The IR codes on your old remote may be blocked by dirt, grease, or some other kind of “obstacle.”
You can use a coin, a key, or an eraser to do this. Just wipe it clean until there are no longer any marks or smudges on the codes.
2. Check Network:
The second most common reason for the Hisense Roku TV Remote Not Working is the remote is being blocked by a network setting.
This means you are having problems with your home network because there is something else on it that is interfering with the signals from your remote.
You will need to check with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or your cable or satellite company for help in resolving this Hisense TV problem.
They will know how to adjust their equipment so your signals can get through to your Hisense TV. Also, try turning off your wireless network connection and see if that helps.
3. Check for HDMI Conflicts:
If you have more than one set-top box, game console, or other devices that have an HDMI input, make sure none of them is receiving an audio/video signal at the same time your Roku is.
This will cause an “interference” and prevent the Roku from getting the codes it needs to operate properly.
To fix this problem, you will need to make sure each of the devices that have an HDMI input is set to receive an audio/video input from only one source at a time.
4. Change the Channel:
Another common reason for Hisense Roku TV Remote Not Working is the codes on the remote are not hitting the proper channel.
Take the case of a family that has two Hisense TVs in the house.
Let’s say both the wife and the husband want to watch a different channel on their TV.
The codes on their remotes would need to hit the same channel on both TVs for this to work.
If they don’t, then only the TV that receives the signal with the proper codes will change the channel.
To be safe, you should always test this by changing the channel on just one of the TVs. If it works, then change the other TV channel also.
5. Use the Official Roku Application
Make sure you have the latest version of the official Roku application.
- Go to the “Menu” button at the top of your Roku remote and then choose “Settings.”
- Then go to the “System Settings” section. Make sure the “Roku Update” option is checked.
- After doing all this, you should reload your Roku remote app and try again.
6. Clear the Cache On Your Roku Remote:
Another thing you can do is clear the cache on your Roku remote. To do this, go to the “Menu” button on your Roku remote and then choose “Cache.” Then press “Clear Cache“.
7. Contact Customer Support:
Finally, if all of the above fails to work, you may want to consider contacting customer support. After all, there’s a chance you have a defective unit.
If that’s the case, you’ll need to provide the model number of your Hisense TV as well as the serial number of the remote. Also, make sure you include the date you purchased the remote.
That way, they’ll be able to look up your warranty information and see if it covers this type of problem. If it does, they’ll send you a new remote free of charge.
- If nothing works, then it is time to replace or repair your Roku remote. Get yourself a new one from the official Roku website. (Note: Make sure you get a replacement.)
- Also, ensure the batteries are good in your remote.
- You can check the batteries by pressing the “Menu” button on your remote, then the “OK” button, and then the “+” sign. If the “+” sign appears to have a battery attached to it, then the battery is OK.
- If not, then replace it. You may also need to reset your Roku if it has become “stuck.” This will be necessary if the codes on your remote are not working properly.
How to Install the Latest Hisense Smart TV Remote App on Your Smartphone
Before you can use the Hisense Smart TV remote app on your smartphone or tablet, make sure you’ve installed the latest version.
The Hisense Smart TV app is compatible with iOS, Android, Windows 10/8/7, and Mac. Download the latest version on your chosen device and enjoy your favorite shows.
To install the latest version:
- Open your Hisense Smart TV’s settings menu by navigating to ‘System’ in the Settings menu on your TV screen.
- From there, select ‘Smart Remote App’.
- Then click ‘here’ to download and install the latest version of the app.
- Open the app to access the remote control
- Set up your profile
- Enter your PIN code
Hopefully, this guide helped you troubleshoot your Hisense Roku TV Remote Not Working problem. If this problem still persists, then it is time for you to get a new Roku remote or perhaps even get a new Hisense TV.
If you decide to get a new Roku player, make sure it is a “2013 model” or a “later model.” The older models did not have the codes necessary to perform the function. Good Luck!