Frustration is inevitable when your Hitachi TV won’t turn on. You might be missing out on your favorite game or the newest episode of your favorite program.
However, no matter how frustrated you get, you can get your TV up and running quickly with our easy troubleshooting tips. We’re here to help!
So, make sure to read this guide till the end to know all of the common causes of why your Hitachi TV is not turning on.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- 5 Ways to Fix if Your Hitachi TV Won’t Turn On
- 1. Check the power cord:
- 2. Test the power source:
- 3. Check the power button on Hitachi TV:
- 4. Unplug the Hitachi TV and wait for 10-seconds:
- 5. Check the connections of Hitachi TV:
- 6. Check the fuse:
- 7. HDMI Glitch:
- 8. Surge Protector Failing:
- 9. Reset Your Timer:
- 10. Read the manual:
- 7 Ways of Preventing Your Television from Breaking Down
5 Ways to Fix if Your Hitachi TV Won’t Turn On
Here, we will go through five smart ways to fix your Hitachi TV that won’t turn on.
1. Check the power cord:
First things first. Before we proceed any further, first ensure you have a properly working power cord. Plug it in where it’s supposed to be and check if it has any loose or damaged connections.
Also, double check the plug itself for any dirt or debris.
2. Test the power source:
Now, let’s test the power source.
- First, turn off your circuit breaker.
- After that, disconnect your Hitachi TV for five seconds before connecting it back in.
- If it works, then your problem is most likely not with the Hitachi TV but rather with your electrical system.
- If it doesn’t work, then the problem could be with the Hitachi TV or you might need to call an electrician.
If your Hitachi won’t start, another thing to check is the power button. Make sure it isn’t stuck or dirty.
Pressing the power button should immediately turn on the Hitachi TV. If it doesn’t, then you need to clean or press the button. This must be done without the use of any tools. Simply use your fingers or a toothbrush to clean.
4. Unplug the Hitachi TV and wait for 10-seconds:
Now, unplug the Hitachi TV and wait for 10-seconds. Then, plug it back in and turn it on. This step is important because sometimes dirt or debris gets accumulated on the contacts of your electrical outlet, which prevents your TV from receiving proper power.
For instance, if you have a surge protector in your home or office electrical system, make sure it isn’t causing problems. If it works, then you need to unplug it and clean the contacts again. Don’t use any tools to do this. Just use your fingers or a toothbrush.
5. Check the connections of Hitachi TV:
Check all the connections of your Hitachi TV. Make sure they are tight and not loose. Also, double check the electrical connections from the power cord to the Hitachi TV itself.
6. Check the fuse:
Next, check the fuse. The fuse is a little black thing that looks like a match head. It is located on the circuit board inside the Hitachi TV cabinet.
To check the fuse:
- First, remove the face plate of the Hitachi TV.
- Then take out the four Phillips screws that keep the face plate in place.
- Now, lift up the face plate and you will see a small black box with several thin wires coming out of it.
- The thin black wires are the leads going to the fuses.
- A green fuse is always OK, while a red or black fuse is usually bad.
A bad or blown fuse could be caused by:
- An open or shorted circuit
- Corrosion or
- A loose connection.
Is your Hitachi TV is still not turning on? Then, check the next step.
7. HDMI Glitch:
Another thing that can prevent your Hitachi TV from turning on is an HDMI glitch.
If this is the case, then just unplug the Hitachi TV from the power source for 10-seconds and then plug it back in and turn it on. This should fix the problem.
8. Surge Protector Failing:
A surge protector is basically a battery backed up circuit breaker. If it isn’t working properly, you can have a dead short or open circuit that will prevent your Hitachi TV from receiving proper power.
The surge protector must be replaced if this is the case.
9. Reset Your Timer:
Hitachi TVs have a timer built in. It resets itself after about 40-minutes of non-use. If you set your timer to 40-minutes and your Hitachi TV is still not turning on, then you might need to reset your timer to 60-minutes or even 120-minutes.
Just ensure you don’t set it for longer than your Hitachi TV will be used. You don’t want to end up with a dead TV.
To reset Hitachi TV timer:
- First, hold down the Menu button for 8 seconds.
- Then, release the Menu button, and you will see the four arrow buttons.
- Keep the Plus (+) button pressed until the numbers 0-9 appear on the screen.
- Now, use the Arrow buttons to select 09 and then press the Set button.
- The Hitachi TV will restart itself, and the timer will be reset to 40-minutes.
10. Read the manual:
Read the manual that comes with your Hitachi TV. There might be a repair manual in the envelope that also came with your TV. If there is one, read it. It might contain a solution for your problem. Good Luck!
If none of these tips work, call an electrician. Don’t try to do this by yourself. It can be dangerous, especially if you don’t have any technical expertise. Just call an electrician and ask them to come out and check things for you. If you plan to buy a new TV, check out the list of TV brands to avoid first.
7 Ways of Preventing Your Television from Breaking Down
In the event of a power outage or a broken socket, you can use these 10 easy tricks to prevent your TV from breaking down.
- Do not use an extension cord if you have a surge protector.
- Keep a flashlight near the TV and turn it on before turning on the television, to make sure that everything is working properly before powering it up.
- If you have a VCR or DVD player, keep it unplugged when not in use.
- Do not leave your TV on when you go to sleep at night.
- If you use your TV for watching videos or DVDs, turn off the controller (channel) every time you want to switch channels. This will prevent you from accidentally switching channels while the video or DVD is playing.
- When you are not using your TV, pull the plug out of the wall socket. This will prevent it from draining down to almost zero power and causing a blackout.
- Never remove the screen protector film from your TV.
After doing all of this, I hope you now have your Hitachi TV turned on and operating like new. These were just a few of the most common reasons why people’s Hitachi TVs won’t turn on.
But, there could be many other reasons. So, if you still can’t get your Hitachi TV to work, then please get in touch with the Hitachi service center for further assistance.