JVC cannot be left out when it comes to TVs. The brand has a wide variety of TVs to offer, whether you want to get a smart TV, Android TV, or an LED TV.
Despite being a renowned brand, the smooth performance of the JVC TVs cannot be assured.
Just like every other electronic device, JVC TVs are also reported for numerous complaints regarding different types of problems.
If you have a JVC TV and you are experiencing several issues with it, then we have got you all covered.
Here in this article, we will list down and explain commonly faced JVC TV problems that you can fix yourself.
Usually, the problems reported by consumers of JVC TVs are related to sound, image, Wi-Fi connectivity, black screen, and not responding to remote.
Such issues require simple fixes like resetting, rebooting, adjusting the settings, software updates, and power cycling.
Now we will be elaborating on each problem with its proven troubleshooting procedures.
Table of Contents
Facing Problems with JVC TV? Here Is How to Fix Them!
Below are some most common problems based on the complaints of JVC TV users.
- JVC TV not turning on
- Not connecting to Wi-Fi
- Not Finding channels
- The TV turns on, but the screen is being black
- Not Responding to remote
- Not Playing sound
- Red light flashing on the TV
Do not worry! We are not leaving you here alone. We‘ll get into these problems and explain the troubleshooting steps so that you can fix your issue properly.
Related: Worst TV Brands 2022
1. JVC TV Not Turning On
There lie many reasons behind a JVC TV not turning on. When a TV does not turn on, there is always some issue with the power supply.
Verify that the television is linked to an appropriate power source.
Some JVC TV models have the main power switch, which is different from the standby switch and is located underneath the TV or on the side.
Check if the power switch is switched on, and then try turning on the TV by the standby switch on the remote or the TV.
There is also a possibility that the batteries of the remote are dead. If you are turning on the TV through the remote control, then must try replacing the batteries.
2. Not Connecting to WI-FI
Wi-Fi connectivity issues are very popular among Smart TV users. Internet connection is affected by several things.
First, you must check whether your JVC TV or the router is the issue. To do that, connect the same network to any other device and use the internet.
If it works, then try connecting any other Wi-Fi network to your TV; if the TV still does not connect to Wi-Fi, then something has gone bad with your TV.
To troubleshoot this issue try these steps:
- Restart the TV, and you can do this by disconnecting the main power supply cord and plugging it back in after a while.
- If you suspect there is a problem with the router, restart it.
- Wi-Fi routers usually include a restriction on the number of devices that may connect to the network. Try disconnecting other devices if there are.
3. Not Finding Channels
If your JVC TV is not receiving channels, there must be some issue with your antenna or related cables. However, you try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.
- There must be an ANT input on the back of your JVC TV; check if the antenna cable is properly connected to it.
- If it does not work, then go to the TV “Menu.”
- Go to the “Settings” and select “Channel.”
- From the channel options menu, select “Cable” or “Antenna” according to the type of your TV.
- The TV will then scan all the possible signal stations.
- After the scan is finished, the TV channels are expected to be found.
3. The TV Turns on, but the Screen Is Being Black
The TV will sometimes turn on, but there will be no sound or picture on the screen. In order to fix it, you may follow the steps listed below.
- Check for cables, and if any are loose, make sure they are correctly attached.
- If this does not work, try pressing the remote’s power button.
- Following that, press the source button to select the sources.
- You may also try clearing out the TV memory from “Clear Memory.”
If the screen continues to be black, then follow this procedure:
- Long press the “Volume” and “Menu” buttons on the remote simultaneously.
- Keep them pressed and meanwhile press the “Power” button and release it.
- After about 5 seconds, release the “Menu” and “Volume” buttons too.
- Wait for a minimum of half a minute.
If the problem persists, it must be the backlight issue (if you have an LCD TV). You may confirm this by holding a flashlight close to the TV screen.
If you see any picture forming on the screen, it is the backlight failure.
5. Not Responding to Remote
If your JVC TV denies responding to the remote, then
- Make sure that the batteries of your remote are not weak. You may try replacing them.
- Apart from this, make sure that there is no obstruction in between the TV and the remote blocking the signals.
- Try unpairing and re-pairing the remote from the TV.
- Reset the JVC TV remote.
To reset the remote, follow these steps:
- Long press the left side of the wheel button on the remote. Press the back button and options button too for a few seconds.
- Now when you click the Alexa button, your emote will reset, indicated by an orange flash.
- If it still doesn’t, repeat the steps.
6. Not Playing Sound
This issue is commonly faced in every other TV. If your JVC TV is showing the display but has no sound, then here is its solution.
- The TV might be muted. Check for the volume.
- Go to the audio settings. There you can see if there is any wireless headphone or some other device is connected. If there is, do disconnect it.
- Check if the sound cables are properly connected.
- Try resetting the TV.
To reset a JVC TV,
- Go to the TV menu and select setup.
- There must be a “reset” option there. Click it and press “enter”.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
7. Red Light Flashing on the TV
The red light on the TV is for the timer, which is responsible for turning on and off the TV at the set time. When the timer function is activated, the red light begins flashing.
If you are worried about this mysterious red light flashing on the TV screen, please don’t. You might have accidentally activated it. To turn it off, simply follow these steps:
- Press the menu button on your remote.
- Select the on/off timer option from the list and press the right arrow button.
- In the appeared window, scroll down a little and disable the feature.
- This will switch off the timer. You may now finish and exit.
Also read: JVC TV Reviews
Conclusion: JVC TV Problems
Whenever you get some issue, first you should try fixing it on your own and then take it to some technician. Sometimes, the problem isn’t as complex as we assume. This can actually save much of your money.
I hope by now you must be having your problem solved; if not, then there might be a hardware fault. You should now contact customer service and get their assistance.
You might have noticed JVC TV problems are quite similar to other brands’ TV issues. Fortunately, they are very simple to be solved.
JVC TV s are comparatively less expensive and provide good quality. JVC does not offer OLED and QLED. However, its Android TV is largely used and loved by many.
I hope this article proved helpful for you; if yes, please share your troubleshooting stories in the comments. We would absolutely love to hear them! Stay hooked for more such troubleshooting content!
Steven Settles is a professional content writer with over 7 years of experience in writing for different niches, including brand reviews, technology, fitness, and more.
Currently, he is working as a content writer for WorstBrands, where he provides insightful reviews of different products, including home appliances, outdoor gear, fashion, and kitchen products. In his free time, Steven enjoys traveling and exploring new places.