It’s just frustrating when you’re constantly having to keep changing the remote because it simply doesn’t work.
Thousands of people are struggling with the remote control in their living room. If you are one of them, don’t worry. You are definitely not alone.
What can you do? There are several solutions if your Hitachi TV remote is not working properly. SO, in this article, we are going to discuss the most common problems and how you can use them to get rid of your “Hitachi TV Remote Control Problem.
Related: Xfinity Remote not working
Table of Contents
- 7 Ways to Troubleshoot Hitachi TV Remote Problems
- 1. Check the Batteries
- 2. TV Remote Sensor Not Working:
- 3. Cleaning the Contacts on the Batteries is Essential:
- 4. Make Sure all Buttons are Depressed:
- 5. Check for HDMI Compatibility Issues:
- 6. Check for Obstruction:
- 7. Clear the Cache on Your remote:
- 8. Reset Your remote to factory settings:
- How to Reset Hitachi TV remote
- How Can I Increase the Life of my Remote Control?
- What makes a TV remote go bad?
- Steven Settles
7 Ways to Troubleshoot Hitachi TV Remote Problems
This article will show you how to troubleshoot Hitachi remote problems.
1. Check the Batteries
It’s an obvious solution but, it’s often overlooked. Check to see if your remote’s batteries are charged, and if not, replace them. Batteries tend to “die” over time, and this is one of the most common reasons for a remote not working.
Also, make sure you have a fully charged battery in the “power pack.” Replace the power pack if it is low on charge.
2. TV Remote Sensor Not Working:
Your remote control has a sensor that detects whether or not your hand is holding the remote when you press the buttons. If it doesn’t detect your hand, the remote will not work.
To check this:
- Remove the back cover of your Hitachi remote and press the top button (the one with the arrow) to make it a square.
- Then, with your palm over the top of the remote, simultaneously press the bottom two buttons.
- If the remote is working correctly, your hand should be detected within 20-seconds.
- If it isn’t working, then the sensor on your remote is not detecting your hand.
Compared to newer models, older Hitachi remotes have smaller batteries, and therefore, they may not have enough power to operate the sensor.
In addition, dirt, grease, or another foreign object could be in the area where the sensor is located, preventing it from working properly.
If that’s the case, you will need to clean the area where the sensor is located.
To do this:
- First, spray some WD-40 on a cloth and clean the area where the sensor is located.
- Next, use an old toothbrush and gently brush away any dirt or debris.
- Finally, put the remote back together and test it to see if it now works.
If your Hitachi TV remote still not working, check out the next possible reason.
3. Cleaning the Contacts on the Batteries is Essential:
Another common reason for a remote not working is that the battery pack contacts have become dirty or oxidized.
To clean them:
- Remove the top of the battery pack and spray some battery cleaner on a cloth and wipe the contacts clean.
- Then, replace the top of the battery pack and test your remote control.
4. Make Sure all Buttons are Depressed:
You should always make sure all the buttons on the remote are depressed before you press “OK” to use the remote.
If one of the buttons is not depressed, your command will not be sent to the TV and therefore, the TV will not respond.
To check this:
- Press the button with the arrow on it.
- Then, at the bottom of the remote, press the two buttons.
- If both of those buttons are depressed, then all the buttons on the remote are working properly.
5. Check for HDMI Compatibility Issues:
Conflicting signals from other devices can prevent your Hitachi TV remote from working properly.
To find out if this is the case, remove the back cover of your Hitachi remote and press the top button (the one with the arrow) to make it a square. Then, place your hand over the top of the remote and simultaneously push the bottom two buttons.
Moreover, make sure the cable from your video game system or DVD player is plugged directly into your TV and does not go through any kind of converter or hub. This may also prevent your TV remote from working.
6. Check for Obstruction:
Make sure there is nothing in the way of the IR beam. Is your Hitachi remotes receiver getting enough signal from the transmitter? If so, move the Hitachi remote closer to the TV.
Or, if possible, move the TV closer to the Hitachi remote. If that doesn’t work, try repositioning or even replacing the Hitachi remote.
7. Clear the Cache on Your remote:
Your cache has the information your TV and/or your video game system is using to operate.
If there is a lot of cache in your remote, it may be overwriting the cache in your TV or video game system and preventing it from operating properly.
To clear the cache on your Hitachi remote:
- First, press “Menu” and then “OK.”
- Next, you should see “Cache” displayed on the screen.
- Press the “Menu” button again and then press “OK.”
- A progress bar will display as the cache is being cleared.
- When the progress bar reaches 100%, your cache is completely clear, and you can press “OK” again to use your remote.
8. Reset Your remote to factory settings:
If all else fails, try resetting your remote to factory settings. To reset your Hitachi TV remote:
- For 10 seconds, press and hold the “Reset” button on the bottom of your remote. Let go of the button, and your remote will automatically power up.
- Press the top left button (the one with the arrow) to make it a square.
- Then, simultaneously push the bottom two buttons. Your remote will automatically enter the setup menu.
- To complete the reset, follow the onscreen instructions.
Hopefully, after attempting these simple procedures, you are able to get your Hitachi remote work again. If you are still having problems, then may it is time to buy a new TV. But, here is a list of the worst TV brands to check before buying.
How to Reset Hitachi TV remote
One of the most frequent problems with remote controls is that they often stop working. However, in some cases, you may need to reset your remote control in order to fix it and make it work again.
- Press and hold the button with the arrow on it for 10 seconds.
- Then, press the two buttons at the bottom of the remote.
- The remote will power on and display the Setup Menu.
- Select Language Setting.
- And select English.
- Then, press OK.
- The remote will automatically enter the setup menu.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the reset.
- Your Hitachi remote is now ready to use again.
How Can I Increase the Life of my Remote Control?
We all know how annoying it is when our remote control doesn’t last as long as we would like it to. Along with the batteries, the remote control will start to malfunction and more and more buttons will stop working.
- One of the best ways to increase the life of your remote control is by keeping it away from heat and moisture and by not leaving it on continuously or by charging it too often.
- Another way is to make sure you take off the protective cover every time you don’t use your remote for a period of time. This will help increase its life significantly.
- Last but not least, make sure you don’t leave your remotes near or under heavy furniture such as couches or bed frames as these can cause damage over time.
What makes a TV remote go bad?
There are many reasons why a remote may go bad, including:
- Dirty contacts: Contacts can become dirty and hinder the transmission of signals from the buttons to the receiver in the device.
- Misaligned buttons: Buttons may not be in the correct position on the remote control. This may cause some of the buttons to work improperly or not at all.
- Mechanical failure: Buttons may stick due to mechanical failure.
- Battery failure: Batteries can die for a variety of reasons and cause your remote control to stop working.
- Temperature change: Buttons may become unresponsive due to a change in temperature. This is more likely to happen to remotes that are left in the car or in the house during cold or hot weather.
Hitachi remotes are very common, but they can be frustrating to use if the batteries die or if there is some kind of obstruction inside the remote. Hopefully, this guide has helped you fix your Hitachi remote control.
If this does not solve the problem, you should contact Hitachi directly for assistance. You may also leave a comment so that we can assist you in resolving your issues.
- Vizio Remote Not Working
- Apple TV Remote Not Working
- Sky Remote Not Working
- Firestick Remote Not Working
- Roku Remote Not Working
Steven Settles is a professional content writer with over 7 years of experience in writing for different niches, including brand reviews, technology, fitness, and more.
Currently, he is working as a content writer for WorstBrands, where he provides insightful reviews of different products, including home appliances, outdoor gear, fashion, and kitchen products. In his free time, Steven enjoys traveling and exploring new places.
2 thoughts on “Hitachi TV Remote Not Working | Troubleshooting Guide”
I’ve downloaded remote control apps for my phone to use on my Hitachi tv and they all only get the standby power function to work and no other features like channel numbers and volume etc so I think that the sensor on the tv is working so it must be something happened to the remote control itself going from a few buttons stopped working then all have stopped working. I’ve changed the batteries and tried all of the methods suggested to fix the problem I’m just wondering if there’s anything else I can do before buying a new one.
Tried everything suggested and nothing has worked as yet. If the tv has been switched off for a few weeks and not used can this cause any issues with the remote control needing updated or something