Shampoos and conditioners are a staple in every woman’s beauty routine. But which one is right for you? Which one will give you the best results?
We have got all the details on the Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo review so that you can make the decision yourself.
You will learn about its ingredients, what it does for your hair, and whether it is worth your time and money.
Table of Contents
Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo Review
Related: Worst Shampoos
The Tresemme keratin smooth shampoo helps moisturize the hair and maintain a healthy scalp, which is ideal for dry or frizzy hair.
The Tresemme brand claims that this shampoo has five benefits: it detangles strands, adds shine, boosts softness, fights frizz, and removes dullness.
The shampoo formulation comes up with marula oil; it helps to remove dryness and split ends.
This sulfate- and paraben-free shampoo reduces split ends and breakage while keeping frizz hair silky for up to 72 hours.
The ingredients used in its manufacturing are aqua, sodium Laureth sulfate, Cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium benzoate, TEA-sulphate, limonene, and fragrance.
Our team collected some customer reviews about this shampoo; according to them, it moisturizes or cleanses your scalp but does not give a healthy texture to hairs. Moreover, the product has a chemical-like smell.
The negative point about the product is that it doesn’t help make your hair thick or volumize.
The other negative point we got from the customers is that it weighs down the inches and makes them greasy. Use this shampoo not more than three times per week.
Pros & Cons of Tresemme Keratin Smooth shampoo
- It helps make your hair soft, smooth, shiny, and silky.
- This shampoo removes dirt particles and sebum from the scalp.
- It deeply moisturizes or nourishes the strands from roots to tips.
- The shampoo is formulated with marula oil, which eliminates dryness and split ends.
- Its keratin-based formula keeps freshness in hairs up to 72 hrs.
- This shampoo doesn’t help in strengthening the hair.
- The shampoo is not suitable for oily hairs makes them greasy.
- It doesn’t provide thickness to your hair or volumize the follicles.
- The fragrance of the shampoo is chemical-like.
- It doesn’t contain a solution of dandruff.
You might also like to read: Tresemme Conditioner Review
Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo Ingredients
The Tresemme brand claims that the shampoo is free from chemicals and sulfates.
But somehow, the harmful ingredients are also used in Tresemme keratin smooth shampoo. These are below:
- Sodium chloride – avoid this ingredient from directly applying to the hairs; it causes hair loss. Haircare products use sodium chloride; if its concentration is high in that product, it can make your scalp itchy and dry and lead to hair loss.
- Perfume– it has the power to make your hair damaged. Perfumes are made of alcohols like ethyl alcohol and harsh synthetic aroma. So it can cause breakage and roughness in your strands.
- Tea-sulfate removes oil by stripping off the skin and all the natural nutrients. It’s a harmful ingredient that irritates, damages the strands of follicles, and somehow causes split ends. It leaves the hairs dry, dull, and rough. It also stops hair growth. So, it’s not a good element for inches.
Besides harmful ingredients, other ingredients are also used during Tresemme keratin smooth shampoo formation. These ingredients are as follows:
- Hydrolyzed Keratin helps to refill the hair shaft gap and make your hairs softer and smooth. The hydrolyzed keratin keeps hair color vibrant and fights against breakage, and it also provides strengthening to your strands.
- Marula oil – marula is a combination of vitamin E and C; it is light in weight and has the ability to absorb into your scalp quickly. Anti-oxidants are also present to nourish the dry scalp, avoid split ends, add shine, and repair the rough and damaged follicles.
- Citric acid – bringing down the pH level helps lift the hairs or prevent hair colors from fading. It improves manageability in frizz hairs and makes them easy to style.
- Glycerin is a good ingredient that provides good moisture to your follicles. It removes itchiness and irritation. It also prevents hair from split ends. It deepens the strands, nourishes the scalp, and makes follicles smooth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Tresemme keratin smooth shampoo make your hair soft?
The Tresemme shampoo is formatted with hydrolyzed keratin, which helps to remove dullness from your hair. The answer we got from the customer’s reviews is “yes.”
This shampoo makes your dry hairs smooth and soft, and the silkiness of the inches remains up to 72 hrs. It works slow on frizz hairs, making them soft after two or three washes.
Is Tresemme Keratin Smooth shampoo good for hair?
The brand claims that it gives strength to your strands and makes them strong also fights hair fall. But it doesn’t fulfill its requirements as shown in the description.
So the product is not suitable for strengthening the hairs. It doesn’t provide a healthy volume or give thickness to your strands.
Moreover, the product has not a solution of thin hair, and it weighs down the follicles. It only helps in making your hair glossy, smooth, and manageable.
I hope this Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo review has helped you in clearing all the confusion about its usage.
This review covered all the pros, cons, harmful and effective ingredients of this product.
If you’re facing dandruff and want to opt this against anti-dandruff, then it’ll not work.
In addition, if you buy this for the hair falling problem, it’ll not be a good selection.
The product is only for smoothing and softening your strands. It also adds some moisture to the follicles.
Now it is up to you whether you want to buy or not? I tried to clear all of your queries regarding this shampoo.
This Tresemme Smooth Keratin Shampoo Review will be helpful before buying it.
Always read the description written on the product before purchasing any product. For better results, try to use conditioner or shampoo from the same brand.