As a leader in the electronics industry, Samsung is known for its innovations in appliances and electronics.
The introduction of its flat-screen technology brought a revolution in the TV industry and changed consumer perception.
However, with the growing reputation of other brands such as LG and Vizio, there is a strict competition to stay and dominate the market. So we decided to give a Samsung TV review.
Read along to learn more about Samsung televisions and whether or not they’re worth your money!
Table of Contents
- Samsung TV Reviews
- What is good about Samsung TVs?
- What is bad about Samsung TVs?
- Most Reliable Samsung TV Models:
- 1. Samsung QLED QE55QN94A Review
- 2. Samsung Neo QLED QN90A Review
- 3. Samsung LCD UE43TU7100 Review
- 4. Samsung QLED Q80T Review
- 5. Samsung QLED QE75QN900A Review
- 12 Reasons Why Samsung TVs are great
Samsung TV Reviews
Related: TV Brands to Avoid
What is good about Samsung TVs?
Samsung releases new TVs every year and replaces them with the earlier models.
- If you want the best picture quality in your HDR content, Samsung TV is the right choice for you.
- When coming to gaming, go for Samsung TVs without having a second thought. It works best for PS4, PS5, or Xbox. All their models have ALLM and VRR support.
- Some Samsung TVs are aesthetics and have unique features like Frame TV, which display artwork when TV is not in use.
- They have unique designs and the highest picture and sound quality.
- Some models are dust and water-resistant and are bright enough to use outdoor.
What is bad about Samsung TVs?
There is a common misconception that Samsung TVs are the best on the market. This isn’t true. In fact, they have some of the worst features and flaws.
- The value for money is totally disappointing; the features are pretty good and more functional, no doubt. Without considering the peer comparison, the prices are set in very high.
- Some Samsung 8k TV series models have a worse contrast ratio, local dimming, less accurate colors, and worse black uniformity.
- Their repairing and parts are extremely expensive. So you can be in real trouble if your TV’s warranty has expired.
- Samsung introduces Frame TV for showcasing art and blending in the background, which works fine. Still, customers are not happy with the picture quality.
- Many Samsung users have panel complaints about many models within two to three years of buying.
- Few models of Samsung do not pass the grey uniformity test and cause dirty effects on a display. Customers, especially gamers, do not appreciate this.
- Samsung Smart apps crash constantly and are buggy.
- You cannot play your own selected sound on Samsung Frame TV and have many negative customer reviews on different sites.
You may like to read: Samsung TV Not Connecting To WiFi
Most Reliable Samsung TV Models:
The following are some of our top Samsung TV picks. Check them out to get a short overview of their features.
It’s important to note that we are not claiming they are the best Samsung models; rather, they are just our suggestions.
1. Samsung QLED QE55QN94A Review
- 55-inches screen
- 4K resolution and optical output
- HLG, HRD10+, and HRD10 supported
- eARC and HDMI 4 inputs
- Excellent Tizen operating system
The Samsung QLED QE55QN94A is one of the best TVs on the market. This model features a 55-inch display with a 4K resolution and HDR10+.
It also supports eARC, which allows you to enjoy 3D content on this TV without wearing special glasses.
The sound quality is excellent as well, with Dolby Atmos support. This TV will play all your favorite music with incredible clarity and rich bass.
Samsung has a lot to offer with the QE55QN94A, and it’s the best TV for any consumer who wants a high-quality display, great sound quality, and great picture quality.
Things We don’t Like:
- This TV does not have Dolby’s vision.
2. Samsung Neo QLED QN90A Review
- Available in 4 sizes (55, 65, 75, and 85)
- Anti-glare feature
- 4 HDMI inputs, among one is 2.1
- Solar smart remote
- 120 Hz refresh rate
A high-quality TV with great features at a reasonable price.
Samsung’s Neo QLED QN90A is a QLED TV with several impressive features.
It has a 120Hz refresh rate which makes it ideal for gaming, and it also has a 4K resolution, which means it supports the highest quality 4K content.
The Neo QLED comes in four sizes: 55″, 65″, 75″, and 85″, which makes it perfect for multiple setups.
You can have two of them side by side or a single one if you prefer to watch from the comfort of your couch.
Here’s an HDMI input for each side and back, so you can connect up to four devices.
The Neo QLED is also a smart TV with a built-in smart remote. This allows you to control your TV using voice commands.
It also has a built-in speaker, which makes it perfect for listening to music or watching videos. It’s an excellent value-for-money TV.
Samsung’s Neo QLED QN90A is a great option for anyone who wants a high-quality TV with several smart features at a reasonable price.
Things We don’t Like:
- Only one 2.1 HDMI port, visible blooming, and no Dolby vision
3. Samsung LCD UE43TU7100 Review
- The available screen size is 43-inches
- LED backlight and 4k resolution
- 2 HDMI inputs and eARC
- Excellent Samsung Tizen operating system
- HDR10, HLG, and HDR10+
- Best display quality
Samsung’s new 43-inch 4K UHD TV is an upgrade from last year’s model.
This new model offers a higher contrast ratio, a wider color gamut, and a higher refresh rate of 120Hz, all of which help produce more realistic and vibrant images.
The new TV also has a wider range of colors, so it’s much easier to view your favorite movies and shows in all their glorious detail.
The new TV also includes Samsung’s proprietary eARC technology. This feature allows you to stream content from different apps to your TV without having to switch inputs.
You can also connect your smartphone or tablet to the TV using an HDMI cable and use that as a remote control.
The TV has a higher dynamic contrast ratio and a much better HDR10+ quality. All this makes the TV’s images feel much more realistic and vibrant.
Samsung’s own Tizen operating system powers the Samsung UE43TU7100. This allows for seamless integration with other Samsung devices, such as smartwatches and speakers.
The Samsung UE43TU7100 will give your room an upgraded look, and it’s also an excellent choice if you’re looking for a TV that’s easier to use than other TVs.
Things We don’t Like:
- Fewer HDMI ports, slow operations sometimes
4. Samsung QLED Q80T Review
- Available in 4 sizes (50, 55, 65, 75, and 85)
- 4 HDMI ports
- Built-in Google Assistant and Alexa
- Quantum processor
- Best Color contrast and picture quality
- Excellent Samsung Tizen operating system
- Excellent sound quality
If you want to get a 4K TV, but don’t have the budget for the latest TVs, then the Samsung Q80T is the best option for you.
It has a great combination of picture quality, sound quality, and color quality. It has an incredible picture, and it’s packed with features.
This TV has 4 HDMI ports and comes with built-in Google Assistant and Alexa. So if you have smart speakers or other devices with an HDMI port, you don’t need to worry about buying an HDMI extender.
Just plug it into one of the ports, and it’ll work. You can also use the TV’s built-in Google Assistant or Alexa to control your devices.
This TV is packed with Samsung’s Quantum Processor. This processor improves picture quality, color accuracy, and sound quality.
This is a great option for people who want to buy a high-quality 4K TV but don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars.
Things We Don’t Like:
- No Dolby vision
5. Samsung QLED QE75QN900A Review
- The available screen size is 75-inches
- Next-generation picture technology
- 4 HDMI and eARC
- HDR10, HLG, and HDR10+
- Smart features and the best screen quality
- Mini LED as backlight
The Samsung QLED QE75QN900A is the next generation of their QLED TVs that they launched last year.
It’s the first QLED TV to feature the HDR10+ standard, an upgrade from the HDR10 standard introduced last year.
It’s also the first QLED TV to have a 4K resolution. This means it’s a great choice for those who want to see more detail in their 4K videos and movies.
The HDR10+ standard offers a much wider dynamic range than the HDR10 standard, which means it can handle more contrast.
This makes it perfect for watching HDR10 content on the QE75QN900A, such as Netflix HDR, Amazon Prime Video HDR, and many other popular streaming services.
It’s also compatible with Dolby Vision and HLG standards, so you can enjoy HDR content from Blu-Ray players, game consoles, and other devices that support those.
Samsung has equipped this TV with a powerful 10-bit color processing engine, which improves the picture quality by adding more color accuracy and better contrast.
They’ve also upgraded the processor to a custom chip, which helps reduce the TV’s input lag.
It’s also equipped with eARC, an ambient light sensor that adjusts the picture quality based on the room’s brightness.
Things We Don’t Like:
- No Dolby Vision
12 Reasons Why Samsung TVs are great
Samsung TVs are often regarded as the finest on the market but come at a high cost.
Samsung is a pioneer and packed with features you can rarely find on other brands, like ambient mode, screen mirror, etc.
Let’s discuss the general features of Samsung TVs which make Samsung TVs so great.
1. Display and Sound Quality
Samsung and other unique features are best known for their display with color accuracy and amazing sound quality.
This is the best choice for gamers, professionals, and editors who need high-quality graphics and displays.
Samsung TVs have amazing viewing angles, and you can have a real-world experience. These TVs have loud, clearer sound as compared to any other model.
2. Ambient Mode
It is one of the best features found in many models of Samsung TVs, and you can quickly access this mode with your smart remote.
Its feature lets you display background pictures, fidgets like weather forecasts, and news headlines when you are not using your TV.
Samsung provides many cool background pictures which will give your wall-mounted TV an aesthetic look rather than a big black box.
3. Screen Mirror
You can mirror your mobile screen with this feature. You can operate, control and view the TV on your phone.
You can attach the headset to your mobile and hear your TV’s audio through your phone or vice versa.
Once attached, you can watch the TV screen on your cell phone even if the TV is turned off. You can also view your mobile and TV screen simultaneously through multi-view mode.
4. Soundbar Equalizer
From sound settings, change TV speaker options to the soundbar. You can find soundbar equalizer and control woofer settings from 150 Hz to 10 Hz.
5. Gaming Features
The gaming experience is just on another level. Samsung TVs have very sharp, vibrant, and smooth contrast and motion features, and you can enjoy the captivating sound and gameplay.
Some models support variable refresh rate and game motion Plus in 1440p. These features work great with the Xbox PS4 with a smoother experience.
It also has an auto game mode that automatically allows you to change to the game mode when using game consoles.
6. Game Motion Plus
Game Motion Plus feature combines motion interpolation in-game mode design for 30 FPS games for smooth gameplay and low input lag, and 1440 p with 120 Hz works great on PC.
As mentioned above, Samsung has a fantastic sound quality for your real experience. Samsung models have a concert mode speaker option and up to 40 watt RMS output.
8. Sound Modes
Samsung TVs have different sound modes, and you can easily optimize them with your remote.
You can change three modes, i.e., standard, amplify, and optimize, which can immediately change the sound quality and make the sound louder and clearer.
9. Software update
You can easily update your Samsung TV software manually or set it to an auto-update.
By doing so, if there is any update available, the TV will automatically update it.
10. Smart Remote
Smart remote can easily access many Samsung features like Smart Hub, Voice assistant, app launch, and multi-view with a single click. You can easily navigate through your smart TV.
11. Customized Screen
You can customize your own screen on your Samsung TV.
You can add your own pictures, timer, or wallpapers of your own choice. Make your own unique wall with memories of your loved ones.
12. Grey Uniformity
The grey uniformity test looks for problems with the panel, such as when different pixels should all show the same color but don’t.
This results in a disturbing appearance known as the dirty screen effect. It can lower the display quality. Many models of Samsung have passed this test.
For a decade, Samsung has been the first choice by customers when they plan to buy a new TV. But now, other brands are overtaking the market as well.
Samsung TVs have many positive and negative reviews from customers.
With extraordinary features introduced by Samsung, now Samsung is facing many complaints regarding software, display quality, and panels.
Above all, Samsung is an expensive brand, and now many brands are introducing the same features as Samsung at an affordable price.
So, that’s all from our Samsung TV Review; tell us about your experience with this massive brand.