Frigidaire is one of the leading manufactures and sellers of refrigerators in the United States. Still, they are not without their share of problems.
Their refrigerators run into many problems and require repair from time to time. Our team of experts has done extensive research on the most common Frigidaire refrigerator problems and their solutions.
So, in this article, we will go over a list of the Frigidaire refrigerator problems that customers face consistently with easy troubleshooting tips.
Refrigerator Brands to Avoid
Table of Contents
- Commom Frigidaire Refrigerator Problems & Troubleshooting
- 1. Frigidaire Refrigerator Freezer is Not Cold Enough
- 2. Temperature fluctuations
- 3. Freezer compartment doesn’t get cold enough
- 4. Lights don’t work in Frigidaire refrigerators
- 5. Ice Maker Doesn’t Work
- 6. Frigidaire refrigerator’s Door Won’t Close Properly
- 7. Frigidaire Fridge Leaks from Bottom or Sides
- 8. Noise Issues:
Commom Frigidaire Refrigerator Problems & Troubleshooting
Keep reading till the end to know all the common Frigidaire refrigerator issues and learn how to troubleshoot them.
1. Frigidaire Refrigerator Freezer is Not Cold Enough
You may have noticed that your new Frigidaire Refrigerator Freezer is not as cold as you had hoped.
This can happen for various reasons, but there are a few easy things that you can do to get it back to its normal temperature.
- Check the power cord: It must be plugged in properly.
- Check the filter: If it is dirty, then clean it.
- Check the door seal: if there is an opening on either side of the door, then it may be leaking cold air and reducing the efficiency of cooling;
- Clean condenser coils: You need to clean the coils twice a year with water and a mild detergent.
- Check to ensure that food is not blocking vents or covers on the bottom of the refrigerator or freezer. If it does, it might restrict airflow to necessary components that need to be cooled for proper operation. If food is blocking vents, then turn off refrigeration so that the appliance maintains optimal performance.
2. Temperature fluctuations
Frigidaire refrigerators are famous for having temperature fluctuations that can be as much as 18 degrees Fahrenheit.
Suppose your Frigidaire’s refrigerator’s temperature is fluctuating. In that case, it may be an indication that something in your appliance demands repair or replacement.
Now, you might be wondering, what to do in this situation?
The best thing to do in this situation would be to contact Frigidaire’s customer service line.
Ask them about what could be causing the problem with your fridge and how you can go about fixing it.
3. Freezer compartment doesn’t get cold enough
This problem will happen if the ice maker on the top of the freezer door prevents airflow and cooling.
A quick fix to this problem is to remove ice from the freezer compartment by gently tapping it with a hammer until it falls into a plastic bag or onto a towel. You can also remove ice manually using a spatula or spoon.
Many consumers have experienced these ice maker problems with their KitchenAid Refrigerator also.
4. Lights don’t work in Frigidaire refrigerators
This section focuses on another common problem that may encounter with the Frigidaire refrigerator. The light inside the refrigerator does not work.
It may be that the light bulb is burnt out or that there is no power getting to the bulb.
There are a few possible solutions to this common problem:
- Check your light bulbs to make sure they are screwed in securely and try switching them with other lights if you have any extras.
- It could be that your electricity has gone out, so check the circuit breaker or fuse box for a blown fuse or tripped breaker and reset it.
- Call an electrician if none of these solutions work and you’re unable to fix it yourself
5. Ice Maker Doesn’t Work
The issue arises when the water supply line becomes frozen, the ice maker’s water supply runs out, and it cannot produce any more ice cubes.
If you have a digital model, you will receive an error message on the display screen of your refrigerator.
To fix this issue, you need to locate the back of your refrigerator and find the ice-maker kit that will contain an expansion tank for the water supply line.
You will also find a pressure switch responsible for shutting off the flow of water once it reaches a certain level to prevent flooding of other parts of your refrigerator.
Are you still having problems with the ice maker? Check out this step-by-step guide on Frigidaire refrigerator not making ice.
6. Frigidaire refrigerator’s Door Won’t Close Properly
Frigidaire refrigerators often have problems closing the door. The issue is caused by a buildup of ice on the lower hinge area, preventing the door from closing.
- To fix this problem, turn off the refrigerator and wait for 30 minutes or so for the ice to melt.
- Next, remove any built-up ice and give the freezer a good shake for about two minutes.
- Now, open and close, the problem should have been resolved
7. Frigidaire Fridge Leaks from Bottom or Sides
You can easily get panic if you see your refrigerator is leaking water. But, don’t worry, it is common for the refrigerator side or bottom to leak water.
This can be caused by the sealant failing and liquid leaking from the freezing unit. Replace the sealant around the freezer area with a fresh liquid gasket sealer to solve this problem.
8. Noise Issues:
The compressors in Frigidaire refrigerators run at a lower capacity than those in other brands. The motor and fan system is quieter than most refrigerators, but there are still some noises that you might hear from time to time.
The refrigerator motor is the component in the refrigerator that cools and circulates the air. Usually, it is at the back of the refrigeration. There are several reasons why your refrigerator motor may be rattling or running loudly.
The cold plate might need to be cleaned or replaced, there could be an issue with a fan in the motor, or there might even be an issue with the compressor.
Refrigerators are used to store and preserve food. But if you do not take care of it, then it will spoil the food inside. Proper care and maintenance are required for these appliances to function correctly.
It is critical to keep the refrigerator clean regularly. Also, it is necessary to keep an eye on the temperature levels because that will determine how quickly or slowly food items will spoil. If you have any questions about how to take care of your refrigerator, contact a professional who specializes in this type of appliance.
In conclusion, your refrigerator is a necessity for life in your home. Maintaining it should be a top priority. If you neglect it for too long, then you’ll have to pay for a new one. So, in this guide, we included the most common Frigidaire refrigerator problem to help you troubleshoot them.
But, if you are planning to purchase a new freezer for your home, make sure to check out the list of the worst refrigerator brands to stay away from in 2021.
Note: You should turn off power to your unit before you proceed with any repair work by flipping the circuit breaker or removing the power cord.