For decades, Sceptre TV has been a popular brand. They have recently started selling their TVs at a low price, making them more affordable for the average consumer.
However, several users are reporting various issues in Sceptre TV models.
These Sceptre TV problems can be frustrating and hard to troubleshoot, so you should be aware of the most common issues that you may experience.
Not all TV issues are significant. In most cases, you can troubleshoot your TV at home if you have a clear understanding of the problem.
So, in this post, we’ll go through the most frequent Sceptre Smart TV problems with ways to fix them.
Table of Contents
- 12 Common Sceptre TV Problems & Solution
- 1. Sceptre TV Won’t Turn On:
- 2. The picture is Black:
- 3. No Audio With Any Channel:
- 4. A picture is Off-Balance:
- 5. A picture is Grainy Or Has Blotches:
- 6. A picture is Blurry:
- 7. Too much background noise:
- 8. Brightness Control:
- 9. TV Not Responding to Remote:
- 10. Remote Control Not Responding To Some But Not All Commands:
- 11. Picture changes randomly:
- 12. TV Not Connecting to WiFi:
- Why Choose Sceptre TVs to Watch Your Favorite Shows?
- How to Avoid Buying a Fake Smart TV
- Steven Settles
12 Common Sceptre TV Problems & Solution
Note: If your TV is still under warranty, we recommend contacting the manufacturer to make a claim.
1. Sceptre TV Won’t Turn On:
A faulty power source is the most common cause of this problem. It might also be due to a faulty connection between the power socket and the back of the TV.
To check if the power supply is defective, disconnect the TV from the outlet and reconnect it into another one.
If the TV still won’t turn on, then the problem is with the wiring from the first outlet to the back of the TV. If the problem persists, read our complete guide on Sceptre TV not turning on.
2. The picture is Black:
This is probably the second most common Sceptre TV issue. If your picture is black, there are two main reasons:
- Your TV has a malfunctioning screen or
- There is a problem with your cable/satellite signal.
To check if the screen is damaged, try pushing any button on the TV remote control.
If the screen is okay, then the problem is probably with your cable or satellite signal.
If the screen is not working properly, you can try connecting an external TV to the same cable/satellite box and see if the picture looks better. If it does, the issue is very likely with the cable/satellite connection.
Try using a different cable or satellite box and see if that fixes the problem. If it doesn’t, then you have a more serious issue, and you should contact an expert to help you fix it.
3. No Audio With Any Channel:
It can happen when your TV is connected to the cable/satellite box through an HDMI cable.
If you are getting audio with some channels but not with others, then the problem is most likely with your cable or satellite connection.
To fix this problem, you need to connect the TV to the cable/satellite box using an analog cable. Then, try changing the channel again.
If the audio is still not coming through, then the problem is probably with the input on the cable/satellite box.
4. A picture is Off-Balance:
This is a common problem with antenna-connected TVs. The reason for this is that the signal from the satellite isn’t strong enough to provide clear pictures in all parts of your TV screen.
You can try moving the antenna closer to the TV or moving the TV further away from the satellite dish to fix this problem.
5. A picture is Grainy Or Has Blotches:
This problem can be caused by a dirty screen or by a damaged screen. To check if the screen is dirty, turn on the TV and press the Menu button on the remote control.
If there are no visible images on the screen, then the screen is clean. However, if there are grainy or blotched images on the screen, then the screen is dirty and needs cleaning.
6. A picture is Blurry:
The next Sceptre TV problem is a blurry picture. It happens when you are using a cable/satellite signal that is weak.
You need to either move closer to the TV antenna or use a stronger cable/satellite signal to solve this problem.
7. Too much background noise:
Some Sceptre Smart TVs are more susceptible to background noise than others.
If your TV has too much background noise, it will be difficult to understand and recognize voices from the TV program you are watching. This is especially true if you’re enjoying a TV show or a movie in a noisy room.
To fix this problem, try one of these three simple methods:
- Adjust the volume on your TV. If possible, adjust it as high as you can without producing distortion.f0fbff
- If this isn’t feasible, then turn off other nearby radios and televisions. The sound from these devices will interfere with the sound from your Sceptre TV.
- Install a TV noise filter in front of your TV. These are available at most electronics retailers. They are simple to use, and they will dramatically improve the clarity of your TV.
8. Brightness Control:
Many people report difficulties with the brightness control on their Sceptre TVs. This is especially true if you use an HDTV and you are not used to having a bright picture.
The good news is that this is a rather simple issue to resolve. All you have to do is go into your TV settings and change the “Brightness Control” from “Normal” to “Fine”.
9. TV Not Responding to Remote:
This happens when the IR signal from your Sceptre remote control is blocked by something in front of the TV.
To fix this, move something like a clock radio or a cell phone closer to the TV or move the TV farther away from anything which might be blocking the IR signal.
10. Remote Control Not Responding To Some But Not All Commands:
If you use the Sceptre “QWERTY” remote control, this problem is most likely caused by dirt or grime on the buttons. To clean the buttons:
- Unplug the TV from the AC power source for about 15-minutes.
- After that, gently remove the back cover from the remote control and clean the buttons with an alcohol swab.
- But, be careful not to get any of the alcohol on the printed circuit board.
- Replace the back cover and plug the TV back into the AC power source.
- Now, this will force all the buttons on the remote control to “resolve their memory” and restore all their original functionality.
11. Picture changes randomly:
Sometimes, the cable/satellite box signal gets interrupted, and the TV will automatically try to re-establish a new signal.
When this happens, the picture will freeze for a few seconds and then start up again. This is called a “pile-up.”
To fix this problem:
- Hit the Menu button on your remote control several times until you get to “Channel Advance.”
- Then, advance the channel by one until you are back where you were before the signal was interrupted.
- Then, to return to the main menu, press the Menu button once again.
- Now, you need to go back to “Settings” and select “System Settings”.
- Then, uncheck the box next to “Advance Channel Prediction.”
12. TV Not Connecting to WiFi:
If you have an HDTV and you use WiFi, then you probably already know that the picture quality of an HDTV using WiFi is very poor compared to using a traditional cable/satellite connection.
However, many Sceptre TVs will not connect to WiFi signals even if you have them “All Day Long” enabled in your TV settings.
To fix this problem:
- Go to “Settings” on your remote control.
- Then, click on “System Settings.” Next, scroll down until you see “WLAN Settings.”
- Make sure the “All Day Long” box is checked, and then press the OK button to save your changes.
Why Choose Sceptre TVs to Watch Your Favorite Shows?
Sceptre is also one of the only brands that offer service from around the world – from India to Japan, from Australia to Brazil, from Mexico to Dubai.
This assures customers that they will receive high-quality service no matter where they reside.
Moreover, their TVs are perfect for every budget. They are affordable with features that make them attractive to watch.
The best TV for your home is one for which you do not have to sell your soul. That’s why Sceptre TVs are a decent option for those looking for a premium quality of life at an affordable price range.
Sceptre offers premium products of the highest quality with options that cater to everyone’s needs, whether it is at home or on the move.
You may also like to read:
How to Avoid Buying a Fake Smart TV
Smart TVs can be a great investment as they offer a lot of benefits. The difficulty with purchasing a fake smart TV is that the seller doesn’t have any assurance that it will work as advertised.
To avoid buying a fake smart TV:
- First, check the product on the official website. You should consider purchasing it if it is being sold at a reasonable price.
- Second, read reviews from different sites to see if customers were happy with their purchases.
- Lastly, avoid buying from sites that have no reviews and require payment through PayPal or wire transfer.
I hope these troubleshooting tips will solve most of your Sceptre TV problems. You should now better understand what causes most of the problems with your Sceptre TV.
However, we would suggest you try these troubleshooting steps only if your TV is not under warranty.
If it is, then you need to make a valid claim to the company to fix the problem or demand a refund.
However, if you plan to buy a new TV brand, we would advise you to check the worst TV brands on the market first.
Steven Settles is a professional content writer with over 7 years of experience in writing for different niches, including brand reviews, technology, fitness, and more.
Currently, he is working as a content writer for WorstBrands, where he provides insightful reviews of different products, including home appliances, outdoor gear, fashion, and kitchen products. In his free time, Steven enjoys traveling and exploring new places.
1 thought on “Sceptre TV Problems & Troubleshooting in 2023”
My 50inch font is so small I have to walk to set to see what is on. How to make font larger. I’m using antenna as sourse of transmission.