The L’Oréal Total Repair 5 shampoo is popular among many women who want to manage their hair care routine without breaking the bank. It is also a good option for those with fine, thin hair, as it is gentle on your hair while still being effective.
So, in this Loreal Total Repair 5 shampoo review, we will take a closer look at how it performs and see if they are worth the money.
Table of Contents
Loreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo Review
Related: Worst Shampoos
The L’Oréal Total Repair 5 Shampoo is for dull, rough, and damaged hairs. It repairs your strands from breakage and prevents them from split ends.
This shampoo is free from chemical elements, sulfates, and parabens. LAK 1000 is used in its formation that deeply penetrates the scalp, repairs breakage of the radicles, and fights against split ends.
The brand claims that this shampoo has the solution of dullness, roughness, flatness, and carping hairs. The Total Repair 5 shampoo gives your strands a natural shine silkiness and strengthens the follicles.
The ingredients used in its formation are water, cocamide mea, sodium chloride, fragrance, arginine, glutamic acid, and sodium benzoate with 9% repair concentrate protein.
Users have said that this product makes their hair smooth and shiny however it doesn’t keep the color richness. The negative point is that it makes oily hairs greasier. The product is for women’s use; excessive use of the products could worsen.
Pros & Cons of Total Repair 5 Shampoo
- It is an effective product against dull, damaged, and rough hairs.
- It makes your hair soft, smooth, and shiny.
- There are no sulfates, parabens, or chemicals in this shampoo.
- This shampoo prevents split ends and damage.
- The shampoo has a nice fragrance to it.
- A good product for dry hair.
- This product doesn’t keep your hair color vibrant.
- The shampoo is not for oily hairs, and it leaves oily hairs greasy.
- The shampoo has not the solution of dandruff.
- It’s not an excellent choice to pick against hair fall.
- The price of the product is not reasonable.
Harmful ingredients used in L’Oréal Total Repair 5 Shampoo
Some potentially dangerous substances are also used in its preparation, which you should be aware of before purchasing. The following are some of them:
- Coumarin – Many skin-care and hair-care products use Coumarin in their products. It’s a dangerous ingredient for the human body. Coumarin causes liver damage and activates allergies in sensitive bodies. It also causes hair loss in the human body.
- Linalool – used to make fragrances or to form insect repellents. It can cause itchiness, irritation, rashes and may lead to hair loss.
Effective ingredients Used in the Shampoo
All other ingredients used during its formation are sulfate or chemicals free with no side effects. Let’s discuss some ingredients with their use on our hair.
- Arginine – The primary function of arginine is that it helps stimulate the growth of strands, nourishes your scalp, and strengthens the follicles.
- Cocamide mea – It is a thick, waxy substance that is obtained from coconut oil. It’s an organic ingredient that nourishes your scalp and gives hair a natural texture.
- Carbomer – Carbomer creates ‘jelly.’ it helps in smoothing hairs and is perfect for styling and provides manageability in our hairs. It creates a protective shield around the hair and makes the edges of the strands smooth.
- Serine Works as conditioning the hairs; it keeps hair soft smooth and refills cysteine levels in the hairs.
- Fumaric acid –It flakes dead skin and removes itchiness from the scalp.
- Limonene-it is used in all hair-care and skin-care products, giving them a citrus-like fragrance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is L’Oréal Total Repair 5 suitable for oily hairs?
The L’Oréal Total Repair 5 shampoo is suitable for dry hair; it nourishes the scalp from roots to tips and provides a glossy, smoothing, and eye-catching look. In addition, we collected customers’ reviews according to them; the product is not suitable for oily hairs; it makes them greasy and does not provide smoothness, shine, and dullness to oily hairs.
Is L’Oréal Total Repair 5 good for dandruff?
The L’Oréal brand made this shampoo to keep the solution of dull, rough and damaged hairs in mind. This shampoo helps in making your hair soft, smooth, and silky. But this shampoo has not the solution of dandruff, and it’ll not be a good choice if you choose this shampoo against dandruff. It doesn’t even remove itchiness and flakes. So if you’re finding a shampoo, choose another one, not this shampoo.
Is L’Oréal Total Repair 5 good for thin hair?
If your hair got thin just because of hair fall, this shampoo doesn’t control hair fall. Its formula is for making hairs smooth, silky, and shiny. This shampoo gives strength to your hair but doesn’t give thickness or volumize the hair. The brand offers that it repairs breakage and split ends. So, now it’s clear that choosing this shampoo against thin hairs would be useless or a waste of money.
In this L’Oréal Total Repair 5 Shampoo review, we have discussed all the pros, cons, and ingredients of this shampoo. I hope we have solved your queries about this shampoo by giving honest answers.
Now, it is up to you whether you want to buy this shampoo or not. Above, we cleared that this shampoo is not for oily hairs, doesn’t prevent dandruff, and doesn’t give a healthy volume. So, if you want to make your hair smooth, soft, silky, and prevent split ends, then go for it.
Before buying any product must read reviews about that on the internet; it’ll make your selection easy. Always buy the product from an authentic source because of fake products in the market.
For better results of L’Oréal Total Repair 5 shampoo, use its conditioner also. Do not use any shampoo more than three times per week.