GE Dishwashers are great, but sometimes they don’t dry the dishes, and there’s a giant mess, and the plates and bowls and silverware never seem to get fully clean.
The most common reason why your GE dishwasher not drying is its malfunctioning components. Therefore, you will need to inspect the issues with the thermometer and heating components and replace them if required. Also, make a quick check of the hot water supply.
Therefore, today we have got you covered! Our guide will teach you how to troubleshoot your dishwasher, so it dries your dishes faster and cleanlier than ever before.
Let’s find out how!
Table of Contents
- GE dishwasher Not Drying the Dishes
- 1. Check for obstructions:
- 2. Clean out lint filters:
- 3. Make sure there is adequate ventilation:
- 4. Check the Settings:
- 5. Make sure water is flowing:
- 6. Empty and Clean the Dishwasher:
- 7. Check for defective parts:
- 8. Make sure the door gaskets are in good condition:
- How to Avoid Dishwasher Not Drying Problem
GE dishwasher Not Drying the Dishes
Here is what to do if your GE dishwasher not drying your dishes well.
1. Check for obstructions:
Is there a buildup of food or other material in the bottom of the dishwasher where the water can collect? If so, give it a good stir with a stiff wire brush (available at any hardware store) or take the bottom rack out and give it a thorough cleaning.
This may be necessary even if you only have one dishwasher because things like coffee grounds, apple cores, and other hard-to-remove substances can easily find their way into the bottom of the dishwasher. And cause a lot of the same problems that are described here.
2. Clean out lint filters:
If you have filters in the vent, change them every month.
Dirty filters will stop the air from circulating properly in the dishwasher and create a buildup of lint and dust. This will make the machine work harder to clean and dry your dishes, which will shorten the life of your dishwasher.
To clean the filters:
- Remove the top of your dishwasher and take out the filters.
- Then, use a plastic baggie or something similar to put some air in the dishwasher.
- Next, hold the opening of the filter over the top of the dishwasher and shake it back and forth.
- The dust and other particles will fall into the baggie, and you can then put the filter back in the dishwasher.
A new filter will help increase the efficiency of your dishwasher. A dirty or clogged filter will prevent proper circulation of the air and water in the dishwasher, which can lead to water logging and other problems.
If your old filter is too dirty, then I would suggest you replace it with a new one.
3. Make sure there is adequate ventilation:
If your GE dishwasher is still not drying the dishes, the next thing you need to ensure is adequate ventilation.
Although your dishwasher has a vent on the top, it should also have at least one more in the back near the door.
Make sure these are clear of obstructions and open enough to allow a breeze to come through. You may also want to open a window and run a fan to help circulate the air.
4. Check the Settings:
Are the cycles right for your dishwasher? Accordingly, make sure there is an adequate amount of time and cycles for the program you have chosen.
If the setting is “Quick Wash,” there should be at least 40 minutes or 2 cycles.
And if you have selected the standard program, there should be at least 60 minutes or 3 cycles.
If necessary, go to the manual, check your model’s specific recommendations, and make sure you are following them.
5. Make sure water is flowing:
If all else fails, check the water supply. Check that it is correctly connected and that there are no clogs in the line.
If everything is OK, turn the water supply valve fully counterclockwise. This will open the shutoff valve on the water main. If you have a house with a well, this is where you would check for a clog.
If you do not have a well, you may want to use a snake to clear any blockages in the line. Follow the instructions in your owner’s manual.
6. Empty and Clean the Dishwasher:
After all these checks and cleaning, if you are still having problems with your GE dishwasher not drying, empty the dishwasher and give it a thorough cleaning.
Take out the racks, bottom rack, and all of the parts, such as the water heater and heating elements. Wipe everything clean with a damp cloth or sponge.
7. Check for defective parts:
Are there any worn or defective parts in your dishwasher? If so, replace them immediately. Look in the access panel on the bottom of the machine. To get to it, you might have to remove a few screws.
Use a flashlight to examine the parts and replace any that look bad or are worn. You should also check the motor and belt as these can become defective over time.
Too, check the spray arm and any other parts you can reach without taking the top off the machine.
8. Make sure the door gaskets are in good condition:
Check the door gaskets for cracks or tears. If they are damaged, replace them. Door gaskets should be made of rubber or similar material. To find out what size they are and how to replace them, read the owner’s manual.
Well, these were some of the most common causes of GE dishwasher that doesn’t dry dishes well. I hope you have now fixed your problem.
But, if you are planning to buy a new dishwasher for your lovely kitchen, check out a list of dishwasher brands to avoid.
How to Avoid Dishwasher Not Drying Problem
Nowadays, many dishwashers are available in the market with different features and models, so you must choose wisely when buying one for yourself.
Indeed, dishwashers are a great invention to make our lives easier. But, as with any other appliance, they require maintenance from time to time.
If you want your dishwasher to last a long time and be able to do the job efficiently, you need to take care of it.
Here are some of the tips for your dishwasher to avoid drying problems:
- Check if there is a water leak from your dishwasher.
- Check if the drain hose is clogged or kinked, causing water to back up in the washer.
- Clean your dishwasher according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Some models need a thorough cleaning more often than others.
- Ensure that the door gaskets are in excellent working order. If necessary, replace them.
- Examine the heating element for any cracks or breaks. If it is, replace it immediately.
- Keep your lint screen clean. Lint can get into the machine and cause major problems.
- Remove any food particles that may be stuck in the spray arm. Use a stiff wire brush or a screwdriver and gently work the arm back and forth until all the particles come off.
That’s It! I hope these tips have been helpful.
Hopefully, after doing all this, your dishwasher will start drying dishes efficiently, and you won’t have to do any of these checks and cleanings ever again.
If not, at least you will know the cause of the problem and fix it quickly if it does occur again.
If your GE dishwasher is still not drying, I suggest you contact GE and ask for their assistance to fix the problem.
Or, you can also leave a comment below so our expert team can help you resolve your matter.