Indesit washers have a good reputation among their users since they are reliable, affordable, and efficient.
No matter how reliable your brand is, the time will come when it starts causing trouble. These troubles may frustrate you while trying to fix them and may require technician services.
Before calling a technician, you need to determine the actual problem by yourself because a greedy repairer may overcharge you for trivial issues.
Noise issues, spinning problems, water leakage, stinky drum, stopping during spin cycles, and slow draining are the most frequent Indesit washing machine problems.
Table of Contents
- List of 6 Indesit Washing Machine Problems
- 1. Noise Problems
- 2. Washer is not spinning
- 3. My Indesit washing machine is leaking
- 4. My Indesit Washer smells
- 5. My Indesit washer stops during the spin cycle
- 6. Improper Or Slow Draining
- Indesit Washing Machine Error Codes
- How Can I Reset My Indesit Washing Machine?
- Final Words:
- Steven Settles
List of 6 Indesit Washing Machine Problems
Not only do old washers cause problems, but new washers can as well. Below are the most common Indesit washer problems with their solutions.
1. Noise Problems
Usually, the washing machine makes a noise. But, if you notice a sudden rise, something is wrong with the machine that needs your attention.
How can I fix it?
There could be various reasons for this.
- Most of the time, the increase in noise is caused by debris, such as a coin or other metal object, becoming lodged in the drum. So, take a look at the drum and clear it out.
- Also, check out the drain pump. If it is clogged, clean the filter and remove all debris.
- If your Indesit washing machine is new and makes a lot of noise, the installation process is not done correctly. Before using your washer, double-check that the protection bolts have been removed.
- If you still don’t figure out the actual problem, then it might be a technical problem. So, you will need to hire a technician to examine the issue.
2. Washer is not spinning
There could be several reasons why your washer is not spinning at all. This could be a symptom of a motor problem or a simple issue that is easy to fix.
What to do in this situation?
Before checking anything else, make sure you are not putting a load that is too big or too tiny for the machine’s spin requirements. The machine will not spin if the load is inappropriate.
So, try out different load sizes. Many modern washing machines have a load weight limit.
Secondly, check out the balance of your machine. If it is unbalanced, it will not spin. Modern appliances include a built-in safety feature that protects the drum from the harm of spinning with an unbalanced load.
Drain pump failure, drum nut loosening, malfunctioning door locks, suspension wear out, and a damaged plastic bracket at the back of the machine are some other reasons for the machine not spinning.
3. My Indesit washing machine is leaking
This is one of the most prevalent causes of the old washer. It can be frustrating for you if you don’t know the actual reason for the leakage.
How should I check it?
- Firstly, we recommend checking water supply hoses, drain hoses, drum seals, and the water pump for leaks.
- Check the connection between the drain hose and the drainage system, as this is a common source of leaking in the washer.
- Make sure the door of the washer is fully tight.
- Your Indesit washer will also cause leakage if you use too much detergent or a poor quality detergent in it. Excessive foam overflow might occur if you use too much laundry detergent.
- To keep the machine from leaking, try reducing the amount of detergent or switching brands.
- Furthermore, an unbalanced machine or exceeding the water limit might possibly cause leakage in the detergent dispenser. So, make sure the machine’s feet are level.
Still unable to fix the problem? You should get a professional to help you.
4. My Indesit Washer smells
This may not appear to be a major concern, but a stinky washing machine will not clean your clothes properly.
However, there is no need to worry as it happens because of cold washes and liquid detergent, which is a simple fix.
How to get rid of this issue?
- Avoid running your machine at a low temperature on a regular basis because it will cause the bacteria and undissolved detergent to build up, causing your machine to stink.
- We recommend you run your machine at a temperature of 90 degrees. Using hot washes can help you to get rid of the bacteria and undissolved detergent buildup. You can do this monthly to keep your machine hygienic.
- Make sure your washing machine’s hose is connected to your under-sink plumbing. Also check, the line is clear and free of any blockages.
5. My Indesit washer stops during the spin cycle
The washing machine often stops amidst the spin cycle and becomes off-balance. You will have to rearrange clothes to complete the spin cycle.
How to fix this problem?
- Try reducing the laundry load, as it often stops spinning if the load is too heavy.
- If the drain line is not properly positioned, your appliance may stop in the middle of its cycle.
- Make sure the cold water supply is turned on. It is one of the leading causes of your appliance stopping at mid-cycle. Double check the machine has a sufficient supply of cold water.
- If you have a new Indesit washing machine, the water supply issue is indicated by using either a flashing light or a tap symbol. So, you must check the water supply if you see the flashing light.
6. Improper Or Slow Draining
If your washer drains slowly or is not draining at all, leaving the leftover in the machine is a common problem.
However, it is not as serious as it looks, and you can quickly fix it.
Examine the drain hoses and other plumbing lines for any obstructions. If there are any clogs, clean them. It is necessary to check the filter on a regular basis to ensure that no debris has accumulated.
Before loading the clothes in the machine, double-check the clothes are not carrying coins or any other metal objects that could cause a blockage.
Indesit Washing Machine Error Codes
It is fun to use modern washers full of advanced technological features. But, these advanced features could mess up if you don’t know the meaning of the error codes displayed on the screen.
So check this video guide to fix the error codes in the Indesit washers.
How Can I Reset My Indesit Washing Machine?
Check out the following points to reset your Indesit washer.
- Firstly, unplug the machine.
- To turn the machine on, press the “on / off” button.
- Set the timer control to zero
- Turn on the machine by plugging it in.
- The display’s LEDs should now be flashing.
- Turn the machine off by pressing the on/off button.
- Choose the needed program.
- Finally, restart the machine by pressing the “on / off” button. Turn the machine back on at the on/off button
This process will help you to reset the machine. If it doesn’t, you need to consult with a technician.
No matter how popular a washer model you own, having trouble with it after a certain amount of time is a common occurrence. So, in this guide, we tried to help you figure out the most common Indesit washing machine problems and how to fix them.
It is always better to determine the problem by yourself before consulting a service. Then, if the problem is minor, you can simply fix it. But, if the problem is serious, you should definitely seek professional help.
Steven Settles is a professional content writer with over 7 years of experience in writing for different niches, including brand reviews, technology, fitness, and more.
Currently, he is working as a content writer for WorstBrands, where he provides insightful reviews of different products, including home appliances, outdoor gear, fashion, and kitchen products. In his free time, Steven enjoys traveling and exploring new places.
22 thoughts on “Indesit Washing Machine Problems & Troubleshooting”
I cant open my new indesit washing machine door, have tried everything but wont open, not even used it yet – great start
The machine which I have, the door eventually does open
my Indesit washing machine is making rubber scratching noise when i try to move the inside bowl manually or even when its on. how to fix it? shall i call a professional?
My machine doesn’t seem to be able to complete a cycle. Having to manually change settings for rinse and spin cycle to complete a wash. Otherwise machine is stuck on the first prewash part.
I hope you are doing great!
Thermostat failure, issues filling up with water for the rinse cycle, and even pump issues that prevent your washer from emptying are some of the most frequent defects that may cause your washer to halt mid-cycle. The lid switch is one item you can examine yourself.
My washing machine isn’t getting enough water and it keeps pausing. I’ve taken out the draw and tried to clean the little water holes. It works for about 10 seconds then the water just trickles out.
Some of the most frequent faults that cause a washer to halt mid-cycle include thermostat failure, issues filling with water for the rinse cycle, or even pump issues that keep your washer from emptying. You may examine the lid switch as one item.
Hi my machine temperature won’t let me change to above 20 degree’s..I’ve switched it if checked the pump at the front cleared it still won’t let me set it above 20 degree’s any help appreciated
My Indesit (5 year old model) has recently started making very loud unbalanced noises when spinning even with small loads.
Machine stops before rinse cycle and all lights flash apart from the soapy/prewash light. The only cycle that finishes is the 30min rapid cycle.
My indesit washer is suddenly not fully drained so.clothes are soaked its not over full and has decided to only use freezing cold water what should i do
My washing machine has a red light at bottom which stops the machine from working
Can u reply
Machine working fine but has started to ting on and. Off during cycle.
The machine is likely not receiving enough power for the load it’s putting out. You might want to check the power supply for any damage or malfunctioning. Check to see if the power adapter is plugged in securely, and also check to see if the power source is switched on.
Washing machine lights go on and it clocks as though its going to start but then nothing happens- help?
I hope you are doing good!
Your washing machine might have an issue with its internal control board. This could be caused by a faulty sensor, a broken wire, or a bad connection. If this is the case, you should contact a local service technician, who will be able to inspect your machine to identify the problem.
Please why does my washing machine spin for minute then stops continuously
I hope you are having a great day!
You may have a misaligned lid or a clogged drain. The spinning motion of the machine forces water and detergent down into the clothes and out through the drain. If there is an object blocking this flow, such as a sock, it won’t be removed and will cause your machine to stop after a while.
Unable to open dispenser drawer on my indexing washer
Hope you are doing fine!
To remove the drawer, just open it and place two fingers in the compartment’s end and the thumb of the same hand on the door flap’s edge to remove it. The drawer will loosen from the front when you push your thumb towards your fingers, allowing you to remove it by unhooking the rear edge of the drawer.
my softener draw in dispecer will not drain away